We are always looking for members of our faith community to volunteer with us. We call these people Co-workers in Ministry. If you are looking to help the Church in some way, great or small, please see the list of opportunities below or contact the Parish Office at 410-923-7060. Thank you for sharing your time and talents with us!
Click on a ministry/event below to sign-up.
- Christmas Eve Decorating, December 24, 2017 – Help is needed to decorate the Church and Hall on Christmas Eve. Contact Paulette Heward at email@example.com to help. Or just meet in the sanctuary after the 11 am Mass on 12/24.
- Winter Relief, January 2-8, 2018
- Basket Bingo, February 9, 2018
- Ushers – To all Adults and Teens, Men and Women – if you are interested in becoming an Usher at OLF, please contact Barbara Stoddard at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details and an application.
- Sarah’s House Dinner Ministry – Each third consecutive Monday and Tuesday of each month, we serve dinner at Sarah’s House located in Ft. Meade, MD. Cooking and serving volunteers are needed. (Great way for high school students to receive service hours!) Please contact Rita Zienkiewicz, 410-703-7437, email@example.com.
- Music Ministry – Please contact Karen Froehly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in joining any of the various music ministries at Our Lady of the Fields.
- Folk Group Ministry – This ensemble of vocalists and instrumentalists minister at the 11:00 am mass year round. Folk, traditional and contemporary music are used to encourage participation in the liturgy. Rehearsals are held on Sunday mornings. Interested persons can contact Glenn Kehs 410-224-4436 or Glennkehs@gmail.com.
- Breaking Bread with the Hungry – This group goes to downtown Baltimore with food and clothing for the homeless on Friday evenings throughout the year. They provide a full, hot meal and distribute clothing to 80 – 115 men, women, and children each week. Contact John Hoppa at email@example.com or 410-768-1284 for more information or visit the Breaking Bread webpage for details.
- Single Again Ministry of Our Lady of the Fields, Millersville is a community of separated, divorced, remarried, and widowed Catholics, reaching out to help others who are walking the road we’ve traveled. We host periodic events and a day-long conference each April. All are welcome – you don’t have to be Catholic to share in the journey. Please contact Jeanne Hoover at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- The Ministry of Care is a Sacramental Ministry of Prayer and Holy Communion to parishioners who cannot attend Mass due to sickness, aging, and/or rehabilitation. Our Ministry also involves being a
supportive presence to help out in some way even if only to give the gift of listening. Our Lady of
the Fields is always in need of Ministers of Care. If you feel you would like to learn more about this wonderful ministry, please email Minerva Rivera, email@example.com or call 443 739 8016.
- Gardening Ministry – Parish volunteers provide their time and talent and many times their own tools to keep the parish grounds beautiful with emphasis on minimizing costs. The landscaping of Our Lady of the Fields parish grounds is divided into small areas that can be maintained by an individual, a family or a group of volunteers. For information about our gardens, contact Minerva Rivera, 443 739 8016 and/or Paulette Heward, 410-987-2113.