We are always looking for members of our faith community to volunteer with us. We call these people Co-workers in Ministry. If you are looking to help the Church in some way, great or small, please see the list of opportunities below or contact the Parish Office at 410-923-7060. Thank you for sharing your time and talents with us!
Click on a ministry/event below to sign-up.
- Ushers – To all Adults and Teens, Men and Women – if you are interested in becoming an Usher at Our Lady of the Fields, please contact Barbara Stoddard at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details and an application.
- Sarah’s House Dinner Ministry – Each third consecutive Monday and Tuesday of each month, we serve dinner at Sarah’s House located in Ft. Meade, MD. Cooking and serving volunteers are needed. (Great way for high school students to receive service hours!) Please contact Rita Zienkiewicz, 410-703-7437, email@example.com.
- Music Ministry – Please contact Karen Froehly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in joining any of the various music ministries at Our Lady of the Fields.
- Folk Group Ministry – This ensemble of vocalists and instrumentalists minister at the 11:00 am mass year round. Folk, traditional and contemporary music are used to encourage participation in the liturgy. Rehearsals are held on Sunday mornings. Interested persons can contact Glenn Kehs 410-224-4436 or Glennkehs@gmail.com.
- Breaking Bread with the Hungry – Each Friday at 5PM, a hot meal is served to the poor and homeless of Baltimore at St. Vincent de Paul Church. The number of guests who join us at this meal range from about 175 to 350, increasing each week of the month. Additionally, guests are provided clothing, blankets, backpacks, socks, toiletries, and a take-out bag containing water, fruit and snacks. During the harvest season, produce from the Care for Creation’s Straw Bale Garden is distributed. For more information about this ministry contact Dcn. Ed Stoops at email@example.com or 410-923-0344. To assist with food donations or preparation contact Cathy Gallagher at firstname.lastname@example.org (410-533-7778) or Joan Hoppa at email@example.com (410-768-1284). Visit the Breaking Bread webpage for details.
- Single Again Ministry of Our Lady of the Fields, Millersville is a community of separated, divorced, remarried, and widowed Catholics, reaching out to help others who are walking the road we’ve traveled. We host periodic events and a day-long conference each April. All are welcome – you don’t have to be Catholic to share in the journey. Please contact Jeanne Hoover at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- The Ministry of Care is a Sacramental Ministry of Prayer and Holy Communion to parishioners who cannot attend Mass due to sickness, aging, and/or rehabilitation. Our Ministry also involves being a supportive presence to help out in some way even if only to give the gift of listening. Our Lady of the Fields is always in need of Ministers of Care. If you feel you would like to learn more about this wonderful ministry, please email Minerva Rivera, email@example.com or call 443 739 8016.
- Care for Creation needs help each spring with the organic straw-bale vegetable garden, pollinator garden, and beekeeping. During the summer months, help is needed to harvest the vegetables for Breaking Bread with the Hungry. Your help is always needed to educate and evangelize to “Hear both the cry of the earth and the cry of the poor” Pope Francis (#49) Laudato Si. Contact Dave Demers at 410-923-3205 for more information.
- Gardening Ministry – Parish volunteers provide their time and talent and many times their own tools to keep the parish grounds beautiful with emphasis on minimizing costs. The landscaping of Our Lady of the Fields parish grounds is divided into small areas that can be maintained by an individual, a family or a group of volunteers. For information about our gardens, contact Minerva Rivera, 443 739 8016 and/or Paulette Heward, 410-987-2113.