Now more than ever in these uncertain times, we need to come together as a church community to help others. Please prayerfully consider these opportunities:
Food Collections for Friday – Next collection is Friday, June 5 by 11:30am
Suffering is widespread in this difficult time, particularly among the poor and unsheltered. If you are able, please continue to support our efforts to reach out to those in need and keep praying every day. On April 24, we will continue to provide food donations to: the Franciscan Center, Our Daily Bread, and St. Vincent de Paul’s Grocery Bag program. Collections will take place at:
Our Lady of the Fields, 1070 Cecil Ave., Millersville, MD 21108
All of the following items may be dropped off on Friday, June 5 by 11:30am
(*NOTE: Drop off your items at the rear kitchen door behind the building, near the picnic pavilion. Several coolers will be available for frozen items.)
- Frozen casseroles and sandwiches for Our Daily Bread. Please be sure that your casserole is completely frozen. Recipes are available here. If you do not have the ingredients or the freezer space for a casserole, Our Daily Bread is happy to accept extra-large (think Stouffer’s 90 oz party size) lasagna and Stouffer’s macaroni and cheese, both of which are available at WalMart, Sam’s Club, and other retailers.
- Non-perishable food/canned food for the Franciscan Center. The need for canned and other non-perishable food items is great and expected to grow over the next two months. Please continue to donate what you can.
- Regular size boxes of cereal, peanut butter, jelly, and regular size cans of tuna fish for St. Vincent de Paul’s grocery bag program. St. Vincent’s provides grocery bags for many families, including many of our regular Friday night dinner guests, but they are unable to get these 4 particular food items (cereal, peanut butter, jelly, tuna fish) from the Food Bank. Please show some ❤️ by donating one or more of these much-needed items.
If you would like to financially donate to one of the charities, please visit their websites:
- Our Daily Bread (through Catholic Charities) https://www.catholiccharities-md.org/services/our-daily-bread-hot-meal-program/#
- Breaking Bread with the Hungry (through the Franciscan Center in Baltimore): https://www.fcbmore.org/
You can also send a check, payable to “Our Lady of the Fields” and note in the memo line which ministry (Breaking Bread with the Hungry OR Our Daily Bread)
Drop off at the Parish Office in the GREEN MAILBOX with the flag up. Or you can mail your check to:
Our Lady of the Fields Church
Attention: Vince Grauso
1070 Cecil Avenue South
Millersville, MD 21108