- About Us
- Faith Formation
- Outside Resources
- Parent’s Corner
In light of cancellations of Faith Formation activities, Children’s Liturgy of the Word, Vacation Bible Schools and Parish Ministry activities, we are providing you with at-home activities to do together as a family. Although we are inconvenienced in many ways right now, we can use this time to grow closer to each other in our individual families and to God.
Check out our Virtual Bible Camp: Caring For God’s Creation. Listen to stories, learn about saints, make fun crafts, have a snack and play games- all from your home and on your schedule! http://www.ourladyofthefields.org/virtual-bible-camp/
St. Maximilian Kolbe was a saint who died in the Holocaust by giving his life for another. Here are some great ideas to celebrate his feast day.
At Home with Your Faith will help you and your family live your Catholic faith and grow closer to Christ in these challenging times. Be assured of our prayers as you embrace the sacrifices and the graces of this new way of living our faith in the domestic church, your home. https://www.archbalt.org/at-home/
Here are some Virtual Mass Tips
Ahead of time:
Decide on a time to view and set up connection.
• Consider setting up chairs for your “pews” instead of sitting on your sofa.
• Get dressed up as if you are going to Mass.
• Mark the readings in your Bibles before Mass so you can follow along.
• Offer up your Mass for your family’s intentions and for the needs of the world.
As Mass Begins:
• Light a candle on a table near your screen. This is a reminder that Jesus, the Light of the World, is there with you.
• Participate by singing, saying responses, standing, sitting, and kneeling as if you were in a church.
• Pray a spiritual Communion during the distribution of the Blessed Sacrament.
• Serve donuts or some special treat after Mass.
Please contact the Evangelization and Faith Formation office at email@example.com or 410-923-6953 with any questions.