AT- HOME ACTIVITIES:
In light of virtual Faith Formation classes and cancellations of Children’s Liturgy of the Word and Parish Ministry activities, we are providing you with at-home activities to do together as a family. Although we are inconvenienced in many ways right now, we can use this time to grow closer to each other in our individual families and to God.
Children’s Liturgy of the Word Bulletins: Sunday, January 31st- 4th Sunday in Ordinary Time:
- Bulletin for 3-6 year olds: http://www.ourladyofthefields.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Childrens-Worship-Bulletin-for-3-6-year-olds-01312021.pdf
- Bulletin for 7-9 year olds: http://www.ourladyofthefields.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Childrens-Worship-Bulletin-for-7-9-year-olds-01312021.pdf
Ash Wednesday is Feb. 17
Faith Formation Lenten Sharing Programs:
- Craft Ideas from Catholic Icing: https://www.catholicicing.com/
- Archdiocese of Baltimore- At Home With Your Faith
At Home with Your Faith will help you and your family live your Catholic faith and grow closer to Christ in these challenging times. Be assured of our prayers as you embrace the sacrifices and the graces of this new way of living our faith in the domestic church, your home. https://www.archbalt.org/at-home/
Family Prayer Time:
- Tips for Family Prayer Time: https://www.teachingcatholickids.com/category/prayer/
- Family Prayer Sheet: http://www.ourladyofthefields.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Family-Prayer-Sheet.pdf
Corporal Works of Mercy:
- Food Collections at Our Lady of the Fields: Go to our help wanted webpage for details: http://www.ourladyofthefields.org/help-needed/
- Catholic Relief Services- Lead the Way to End Poverty: https://support.crs.org/act/lead-way-pledge?
- Make cards for nursing homes: Cards can be sent to Arbor Terrace Waugh Chapel, Attn: Catherine Trujillo. 2535 Evergreen Rd., Gambrills, MD 21054 and she will distribute them to residents.
- Virtual Food Bank: https://aafoodbank.org/make-a-difference?fbclid=IwAR3AZK4ygcJ_S-VibgpXxPA-3kgrki06ft8oymZjckerHqCdZzOajnevk5Q
- Responding to the Coronavirus- Caring for Ourselves and Others: https://www.loyolapress.com/~/media/Microsites/GWG/GrowingWithGod-SpecialLessonStudentWrksht.ashx?la=en
- Formed.org– Online access to saint videos, Brother Francis, The Jesus Stories, and more http://www.ourladyofthefields.formed.org
- School- At- Home Guide for Catholic Families: https://store.faithcatholic.com/sites/default/files/resources/SPECIAL%20SCHOOL%20AT%20HOME%20GUIDE.pdf
Virtual Mass Online:
There are many online mass options (recorded and live streaming) including at OLF – refer to our online videos option on the front page of our website. We encourage families to participate on a regular basis.
Here are some Virtual Mass Tips
Ahead of time:
Decide on a time to view and set up the connection.
• Consider setting up chairs for your “pews” instead of sitting on your sofa.
• Get dressed up as if you are going to Mass.
• Mark the readings in your Bibles before Mass so you can follow along.
• Offer up your Mass for your family’s intentions and for the needs of the world.
As Mass Begins:
• Light a candle on a table near your screen. This is a reminder that Jesus, the Light of the World, is there with you.
• Participate by singing, saying responses, standing, sitting, and kneeling as if you were in a church.
• Pray a spiritual Communion during the distribution of the Blessed Sacrament.
• Serve donuts or some special treat after Mass.
Please contact the Evangelization and Faith Formation office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-923-6953 with any questions.